A malaria net is the most effective means of prevention.
About Against Malaria
Malaria kills half a million people every year and 400 million fall ill. Before bed nets were made available, it was three or more times that. Nets are a proven intervention – a more effective a way of saving lives than any other. There is still a long way to go and every death from malaria is preventable.
- 70% of the deaths are children under 5
- Malaria is the world’s single largest killer of pregnant women
- 90% of the deaths are in sub-Saharan Africa
- Yet malaria is totally preventable and treatable.
Nobody need die. Prevention is better than treatment.
- The most effective means of prevention is sleeping under a mosquito net
- Specifically a Long-Lasting Insecticide treated Net (LLIN)
- Each net costs $2.00/€1,70/£1.50
- Every 50-250 nets distributed and installed equals 1 life saved
The relief of suffering from malaria by the provision of funds for the prevention and treatment of malaria and the advancement of education in the subjects of a: The problems and suffering caused by malaria and b: What can be done to alleviate them.”
Aigainst Malaria promise 100% of the money they receive buys long-lasting insecticidal nets and they are put up over heads and beds and they will demonstrate that has happened.
Help protect people from malaria.
They fund anti-malaria nets, specifically long-lasting insecticidal nets (LLINs), and work with distribution partners to ensure they are used. We track and report on net use and malaria case data.
10 Bricket Road
Donate Bitcoin directly to Against Malaria:1
Find Against Malaria also on:
Against Malaria operates in:
- Donate Bitcoin directly explanation:
Al donations will go directly to the Bitpay account of the organisation you donated to. There is no involvement of Donate a Bit.
For more information pleae visit: Donate Bitcoin directly explanation
New text and material:
If you are the owner or responsible of this organization and you want to provide us with new texts and material. We love that. Please use the submit button.