Rats detecting landmines and tuberculosis.
APOPO is a non-profit organization with Belgian roots. For 20 years they have tackled landmines or tuberculosis around the world. APOPO provides a low-tech, cost-efficient solution to pressing humanitarian challenges. APOPO's innovative scent detection technology has a massive potential to relieve human suffering and promote development when deployed in the fight against tuberculosis and landmines, as well as other applications under development.
When integrated into conventional methods the HeroRATs help speed up landmine and tuberculosis detection. They also present a massive potential to help fight other global issues.
To develop detection rats technology to provide solutions for global problems and inspire positive social change.
- Quality. Demonstrating and promoting high standards in research, design, training and implementation of detection rats technology.
- Innovation. Pioneering creative research and innovative solutions within a participatory learning culture.
- Social Tranfomation. Developing skills, creating jobs, improving socio-economic and environmental conditions, releasing land for development, and combating public health issues.
- Diversity. Embracing diversity in all facets of the organization with respect to age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, nationality or ethnicity.
APOPO saves lives through the deployment of detection rats technology:
- Deploying cost-efficient mine action solutions in affected countries
- Accelerating Tuberculosis diagnosis in high Tuberculosis – burden countries
- Researching and developing innovative detection rats technology applications
Find APOPO also on:
APOPO operates in:
- Donate Bitcoin directly explanation:
Al donations will go directly to the Bitpay account of the organisation you donated to. There is no involvement of Donate a Bit.
For more information please visit: Donate Bitcoin directly explanation
New text and material:
If you are the owner or responsible of this organization and you want to provide us with new texts and material. We love that. Please use the submit button.